Policies and Procedures
Hub for Developing and Managing Electronic Networks LLC.
Statement of Responsibilities
This Policy and Procedures were written in English (US). To the extent any translated version of this agreement conflicts with the English version, the English version controls. Please note that some sections contain certain changes to the general terms for users outside the United States.Date of Last Revision: __________________________
Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities ("Statement," "Terms," or "SRR") governs our relationship with users and others who interact with Olahub, Sellers listing their products on Olahub's online market place and Olahub Services. By using or accessing the Services, you agree to this Statement, as updated from time to time. Because we may offer varying Services within Olahub, we may ask you to review and accept supplemental terms that apply to your interaction with a specific app, product, or service. To the extent those supplemental terms conflict with this SRR, the supplemental terms associated with the app, product, or service govern with respect to your use of such app, product or service to the extent of the conflict.
Sharing Your Content and Information
You own your rooms that you receive as gifts from others. You can control its privacy from the room settings to make it public or private. When made private, only you and the participants to the room can see it.For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Olahub (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
SafetyWe do our best to keep the platform safe, but we cannot guarantee it. You need to make the following commitments to help us keep it safe including:
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on Olahub.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access Olahub, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful marketing on Olahub.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not use Olahub to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of Olahub.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
Registration and Account Security
You need to use your real name and real information when you register to Olahub and keep it that way. You need to make the following commitments when you register to Olahub:
- You will not provide any false personal information on Olahub, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal account.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use Olahub if you are under 10.
- You will not use Olahub if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will update your calendar with actual occasions’ dates of your own or for an occasion that is related to you or you are part of.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
Protecting Other People's Rights
- We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on Olahub’s rooms that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on Olahub if we believe that it violates this Statement or our policies.
- If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright or trademark, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on Olahub.
Mobile and Other Devices
- We currently provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier's normal rates and fees, such as text messaging and data charges, will still apply.
- You provide consent and all rights necessary to enable users to sync (including through an application) their devices with any information that is visible to them on Olahub.
If you make a payment on Olahub online market place, you agree to our Payment Terms unless it is stated that other terms apply.
Special Provisions Applicable to Software
If you download or use our software, such as a stand-alone software product, an app, or a browser plugin, you agree that from time to time, the software may download and install upgrades, updates and additional features from us in order to improve, enhance, and further develop the software. You will not modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us, unless you are expressly permitted to do so by written permission from us.
- Olahub will notify you when we make changes to these terms.
- Your continued use of Olahub’s Services, following notice of the changes to our terms, policies or guidelines, constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms, policies or guidelines.
Olahub has the right to terminate your account upon any possible risk or legal exposure as a result of you using the service and any action related thereto.
Any claims, dispute or cause of action in regard of these terms, policies and guidelines arising out of or in connection with Olahub or its subject matter experts or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan. All users irrevocably agree that the courts of the Amman Center (Qasr Aladl) of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with any Services, terms, policies and procedures. If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on Olahub, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users' actions on Olahub and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on Olahub. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on Olahub. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of Olahub. WE TRY TO KEEP OLAHUB UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING OLAHUB AS IS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT OLAHUB WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT OLAHUB WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. OLAHUB IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE §1542, WHICH SAYS: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS STATEMENT OR OLAHUB, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS STATEMENT OR OLAHUB WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, OLAHUB’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
Special Provisions Applicable to Users Outside Jordan
We always respect local laws where the users reside. The following provisions apply to users and non-users who interact with Olahub outside The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan: You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in using Olahub’s processing centers using the cloud, third party services or using Olahub’s Local infrastructure.
- This Statement is an agreement between you and Olahub LLC.
- This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding Olahub, and supersedes any prior agreements. Sellers will have their respective signed written agreements.
- If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
- Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and approved and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
- All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
- You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing Olahub.
- By using or accessing Olahub’s Services, you agree that we can collect and use such content and information in accordance with the Data Policy as amended from time to time.
Kinds of information that can be collected
Information about your activity in Olahub and information you provide or share
We collect the content and other information you provide when you use our Services, including when you sign up for an account, create or share, and message or communicate with others. This can include information in or about the content you provide, such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created. We also collect information about how you use our Services, such as the types of content you view or engage with, information related to your invitations, products and services you view, like or purchase, videos you create and upload, and value of purchases you make and from which sellers. Also we collect information about your address needed for shipping purposes. Each user acknowledges his approval on sharing information present at his public profile only to users in his friend’s list; such as his occasions dates, his celebration rooms (if made public), his friends’ list and his wish list.
For Sellers: Things you upload to Olahub’s online market place (or whatever the name of store changes to in future).
We collect content and information that you provide when you sign up as a Seller, information related to your products and/or Services, prices, sales, frequency of sales, which products and service are most or least purchased, timing of purchases, refunds, feedback and users’ satisfaction levels and users complaints.
Your networks and connections.
We collect information about the people and groups you are friend with, when, how and why you interact with them, their locations, languages, things you share with them and vice versa. We also collect contact information you provide if you upload, sync or import this information (such as an address book) from a device or other social networks.
Information about payments.
If you use our Services and purchase or share in purchasing products and services online from Olahub's online store, or (for Sellers) any advertising packages purchased on Olahub, or any purchases by other third parties interested to advertise on Olahub, we collect information about the purchase or transaction such as the time of purchase, the credit card used, amount purchased. However, Olahub will not collect or store your payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information, and other account and authentication information, as well as billing, and contact details which are stored at the payment service provider’s end only for the need of processing the payment and/or verification.
Information from third-party partners.
We receive information about you and your activities on and off Olahub from third-party partners, such as information from a partner when we jointly offer services or from an advertiser about your experiences or interactions with them.
How do we use this information?
Ways of Sharing your Information
People you add as friends and communicate with
Users register to OLAHub to celebrate events within groups. Your information can be shared to others by:
- Users viewing your public profile and information existing into it like your calendar occasions, your rooms if made public, your other friends and your wish list.
- Paying for gifts in celebration rooms using one of the payment methods available on the service. The information is shared to third parties’ payment services providers.
- You also share your videos and messages with others who are participants, hosts or other invitees by the host(s) or the Host(s)’ invitees.
In general, when you share and communicate using our Services, you choose the audience who can see what you share. Your profile page (except your settings information) is made available to all other users who are friends to you. In some cases, people you share and communicate with may download or re-share this content with others on and off our Services including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google Plus. Re-sharing such information may cause part or all of your shared data to be public.
Apps, websites and third-party integrations on or using our Services.
When you use third-party apps, websites or other services that use, or are integrated with, our Services, they may receive information about what you post or share.
If the ownership or control of all or part of our Services or their assets changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
Sharing with Third-Party Partners and Customers
We work with third party companies who help us provide and improve our Services or who use advertising or related products, which makes it possible to operate our companies and provide free services to people around the world.
Here are the types of third parties we can share information with about you:
Advertising, Measurement and Analytics Services (Non-Personally Identifiable Information Only).
To make our advertising interesting to you, we use all of the information we have about you to show you relevant ads. We do not share information that personally identifies you (personally identifiable information is information like name or email address that can by itself be used to contact you or identifies who you are) with any advertising, measurement or analytics partners. We may provide these partners with information about the reach and effectiveness of their advertising without providing information that personally identifies you, or if we have aggregated the information so that it does not personally identify you.
Vendors, service providers and other partners.
We transfer information to vendors, service providers, and other partners who globally support our business, such as providing technical infrastructure services, analyzing how our Services are used, measuring the effectiveness of ads and services, providing customer service, facilitating payments, or conducting academic research and surveys. These partners must adhere to strict confidentiality obligations in a way that is consistent with this Data Policy and the agreements we enter into with them. We store data for as long as it is necessary to provide products and services to you and others, including those described above. Information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted, unless we no longer need the data to provide products and services. You can delete your account any time. When you delete your account, we delete all things related to it. Keep in mind that information that others have shared about you is not part of your account and will not be deleted when you delete your account.
Olahub Responding to Legal Responses
We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the the territory we work within or the territory you reside in where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
Upon changes in the policy:
We will notify you with any changes in the policy as they happen. You continuing to use the service is an acknowledgement from your end that you are agreeing to such changes. If you are not agreeable, stop using the service and delete your account. For further information, you can reach us on: Info@olahub.com
Cookies & Other Storage Technologies
Cookies help us provide, protect and improve Olahub Services, mainly to provide a safer experience. While the cookies we use may change from time to time as we improve and update our Services, they generally fall into the below categories of use:
Security, site and product integrity
Enhance shopping and social experience
Browser Cookie Controls
In addition, your browser or device may offer settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them. For more information about these controls, visit your browser or device's help material. Certain parts of Olahub Services may not work properly if you have disabled browser cookie use. You will not receive a notification about changes to this policy. Any changes will be posted on the website. We advise you to visit the website frequently and review our “Cookies” policy and guidelines. For more information, you can email us on email@example.com
Refunds and Exchanges Policy
Olahub has a general policy regarding “Returns for Refund” and “Returns for Exchange” that is published on the website and gets updated regularly. This policy is overridden by the Seller’s policy for “Returns for Refund” and “Returns for Exchange” in cases where the Seller has posted such policy for products and services he sells on Olahub. You will not receive a notification about changes to this policy. Any changes will be posted on the website. We advise you to visit the website frequently and review our “Returns for Refund” and “Returns for Exchange” policy and guidelines to help you make your decisions.
Returns for Refund
Any return for cash refund is not permitted by Olahub except in cases where:
- The product is received damaged by the user but the Seller could not exchange a damaged product with the exact same product from the Seller’s inventory or any other product by the Seller but with higher specifications. The Seller is given 7 calendar days from the date of return to replace the product to the user or a cash refund will take place.
- If the purchase was a service that for any reason got cancelled by the Seller himself or by the original provider of the Service sold by the Seller, and after it was purchased.
A Damaged Product is:
- A product that was not received in a physically good condition like a broken or scratched product (or torn or mis-colored for clothes), and
- A product that was received by the user in physically good condition yet it had an operational malfunction which could not be known until it was opened and tested.
Any “Returns for Refund” and “Returns for Exchange” will be handled directly by the user and the Seller without involvement of Olahub except where stated. Seller and/or Olahub will have the right to inspect the item to verify the damage. Where cash refund prevails, the refund will be made directly to Olahub and not to the user who returned the product. Olahub will ensure to initiate a refund to the original buyers’ credit cards or original method of payment (“Original Buyers” are the users who bought the product or service as a gift while celebrating an occasion for the returning user). Any returns for refunds should happen within 7 calendar days from receiving the gift as documented by the delivery receipt by the courier. If the delivery receipt is not available with the user who returned the product for whatever reason, the courier documented records will hold accurate. In case returns took place by shipping them back by courier to the Seller’s address, the cost of shipping will be on the user who is returning the product.
Returns for Exchanges
You have 7 calendar days to return an item to the Seller from the date you received it per the delivery receipt date. Mind the documentation for the delivery date is per the guidelines mentioned in the “Returns for Refund” above.
To be eligible for a return:
- Your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it in( must be in the original packaging and un-opened)
- You should present the Delivery Receipt, the Seller’s invoice or the Seller’s Gift Invoice.
- To return it within the time period as mentioned in the guidelines for Returns for Exchanges
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item if not returned for exchange by hand. Shipping costs are nonrefundable.
If you have any questions on how to return your item to us on firstname.lastname@example.org